Friday, July 23, 2010

Blog#14

Summer school:

What I am most proud of these past 3 weeks is how I completed all my work and turned it all in on time, I also went above and beyond to do extra credit assignments so that I'm more sure and confident that I will past. I feel my grade is what I wanted, because I knew for a fact if I worked hard I would get a grade I was satified with.



Grading System:

I liked the grading system, because it was diffrent, because I failed Chemistry first semester and I feel this way was a chance for me to be tested and raise my grade from the ground up. If we were to do the tradionally grading I would pass with at least a B. Ithink My grade would be about the same grade I have now because on majority of my test I got mostly B's a couple A's here and there, but mostly B.

Hands-on-labs:

The Lemonade Anyone lab did help me understand more about solutions and Dilutions, because it determined the concentration of sixdiffrent bottles of lemonade using qualitative and quantitive measurements. The equation that was used was Molarity: Moles of Solute
Liters of Solution
This equation actually makes everything easier to understand its an organized method which helps you solve your problem.
Yes, I believe the household Acids and Bases lab helped me understand how you can determine what an acid, base, and neutral is. It also helped me understand what pH is and how pH is used to determine solutions.
Yes, I feel confident and is ready to write -up a lab report for Biology becausenow I know the basics of writing a lab report what is needed etc.. I feel writting these two lab reports prepared me for eleventh grade, because in Biology we will be writing many lab write-ups and I have the techniques which I will be using to do my labs next year. I put in alot of effort in writting myy lab reports,because after the others critique my work I take initative and take their advice to make it better than before.

The Chem-Collective Virtual Labs:
I liked the Virtual Lab, because it if we messed up we could easily start all over, instead of in a hands-on lab if you mess up you waste lots of expensive chemicals and that would have been the end of your lab.
What I didn't like about it was it didn't give more information on how to find the chemicals needed to start your lab. I t would just sayget 0.665 dilution and I wondered where would I get it from???
Yes, There were many labs that were done my tenth grade year where we could have used the online lab instead of buying products which would be thrown out at the end of class.
Like I said before it isnt a waste and you can also work on your knowledge and computer skills while using the online lab

No comments:

Post a Comment